You already know that online video is exploding in popularity. It’s been suggested that more than 80% of all online consumer traffic in 2019 will be due to online videos.
Makes sense when you consider:
- 43% of people want to see more video content from marketers. (HubSpot)
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major U.S. television networks
have created in 30 years. (Insivia)
- 79% of customers prefer watching a video to reading about a product. (Wyzowl)
AND, not surprisingly, videos help with sales!
- Nearly 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before
visiting a store. (Google)
- 80% of consumers believe demonstration videos are helpful when making purchases. (Blue Corona)
- 52% of marketers say video is the type of content with the best ROI. (HubSpot)
This is great news for companies that are capitalizing on the opportunity to use videos to generate more leads and sales. However, businesses that have not yet added videos to their marketing funnel face huge obstacles in 2019.
By not producing videos, you are missing a golden opportunity to connect with the people who buy your products. As impersonal as the internet can be sometimes, videos give you an opportunity to communicate in a way that feels more direct and personal; encouraging customer engagement with you and with your brand.
But what if you want to add video, but don’t have the wherewithal?
New video technologies and techniques have made video production easier, quicker and cheaper than ever before! If you have been avoiding making videos because you think they will be too expensive or difficult to make, it is time to rethink your marketing strategy.
- 73% of marketers said they’d create more video content if there were no obstacles like time, resources, and budget. (Buffer)