There are several reasons why email marketing is a critical weapon in your marketing arsenal.
- Customer Acquisition – When you want to convert a prospect into a customer, email marketing is vital. A primary goal in marketing should be to obtain an individual’s email. You can do this a variety of ways – e.g., an enticing offer or informative whitepaper that requires them to enter their email address. Once you have that, with their permission, you can start communicating with them in an effort to turn this lead into a sale. According to HubSpot, email conversion rates are 3x higher than social media, with a 17% higher value in that conversion.
- Customer Retention and Referrals – Now that you’ve impressed the individual and turned them into a client, you can nurture them – not bombard them. We recommend employing a campaign designed to inform and, ultimately, to persuade them to buy more products or services. Or you can entice them to sing your praises, with a nice referral program or incentive. Evangelists are more powerful than any marketing slogan, as it lends 3rd party credibility.
- More Bang for Your Buck: Email marketing simple,
cost effective, and can achieve great results . Email marketing allows you to communicate with hundreds/thousands of clients and/or prospects at a very low cost. According to McKinsey & Company research, email marketing yields an average 4300% return on investment for businesses in the U.S. That is huge!
- Statistically Measurable: We can track who opened your email, who clicked on which link, and how many forwarded the email (which shows significant interest). Each contact will have an engagement score, to help you know which contacts are your hottest leads and/or which customer is really loyal and engaged. Stats also help gauge the the effectiveness of the campaign or subject, so you can make adjustments. You can also do A/B split testing to ensure you maximize the message with the highest conversion rates.
- Drip and Nurture: A “drip” campaign can have different messages that are delivered based on the actions/interest of the user. This is a great way to customize the experience for the user, and to encourage them to take action. Don’t be overly promotional in these type of emails. Good information and a consultative sales technique can provide valuable knowledge to the user, while also persuading them to use a product/service.
At CI Media, we are experts in email marketing and can craft a program to help your business or organization. Contact us if you are interested in setting up a consultation.